Amtrade is the exclusive Australian and New Zealand distributor for a leading European manufacturer of natural betaine.
Betaine is generally known as an additive in feed for fish, poultry and pigs. Betaine is considered by the EU as belonging to the group of “Vitamins, Pro-vitamins and chemically well-defined substances with a similar activity”, but in practice betaine is a broad-spectrum multifunctional nutrient.
Betaine is very versatile nutrient with multiple functions:
- As a donor of methyl groups – enables synthesis of several important biological compounds (carnitine, creatine, hormones, phospholipids…)
- As a protective osmolyte – allows cells to maintain cell volume, protects cellular structures, prevents decrease in metabolic activity and supports cellular functions and cell proliferation
- As heat-stress relief for poultry, pigs and cattle – reduces negative effects on performance (e.g. weight gain, feed conversion and milk production)
- Reduces negative impact of coccidiosis
- Reduces diarrhoea in weaning piglets
- Prevents and reduces fat accumulation in the liver (particular issue for dairy cattle and laying hens)
- Supports liver function and energy metabolism for dairy cows in lactation, thereby enabling fewer transition problems and an improved milk yield
- Improves animal’s production performances by playing a role in energy-, fat- and protein-metabolism – in meat producing animals, it improves carcass yield and meat properties
Our betaine is a natural extract from the sugar beet that contains, besides the guaranteed amount of at least 30% betaine, valuable other nutrients like carbohydrates, amino acids, organic acids and minerals. This semi-purified liquid product is cost-effective, assures good absorption, is as stable as in purified crystalline betaine, and its low viscosity plus minimal presence of sediment and residues makes it ideal for use in animal feed. Natural betaine is safe with higher solubility, good stability, constant concentration over time, and no expected degradation of other vitamins or minerals in feed should be expected.
Amtrade is proud to bring this market-leading natural and effective product to Australian and New Zealand customers as a solution that adds value to their businesses. If you’d like to learn more, please contact one of Amtrade’s industry experts.